Hanging Tree Tents? Have you ever wanted to go camping but didn’t want to sleep on the ground? That’s where a hanging tree tent comes in.
Well, now there’s a really cool way to camp that doesn’t involve sleeping on the cold, hard ground! These tree tents are perfect for anyone who wants an exciting and unique camping experience. You’ll be able to hang in the trees like a monkey and enjoy the great outdoors in style!
Not only are these tents comfortable and fun, but they’re also really well-made. Tentsile has the best designs out there, so you can be sure that your camping experience will be unforgettable not to mention a really awesome warranty. Continue reading and see for yourself!
Tents for trees? What is this madness you speak of? Watch this video, and I bet you’ll be tempted to reach for the stars and sleep in the treetops!
How We Choose
We select and research each product as if we were buying it for personal use. We review hundreds of listings and reviews and look for any red flags or issues. We run the numbers and do the math.
Bottom line, if we would not purchase or use it ourselves, we don’t recommend it! With that said, we use affiliate programs to pay the bills, and we may receive a small commission with some of the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information.
The Tentsile Tree Tents We Looked At
|TopTop Top||Tentsile Stingray||3-Person||440 kg/880 lbs||Waterproof||Check Price|
|Top Top||Tentsile Flite||2-Person||220 kg/485 lbs||Waterproof||Check Price|
|Top Top||Tentsile Safari||2-Person||400kg/880lb||Waterproof||Check Price|
|Top Top||Tentsile Connect||2-Person||400kg/880lb||Waterproof||Check Price|
Hanging Tree Tent For Adults
Tentsile Hanging Tree Tents are the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors while still being comfortable and safe. The Stingray uses a unique 3-point anchoring system to create tension, giving you a taut fabric base to sleep on. The tent floor has the perfect amount of “give” to cushion and cradle your body, giving you the most comfortable night’s sleep you’ve ever had in a tent or hammock. Tentsile Hanging Tree Tents are also incredibly durable, withstanding even the most extreme weather conditions. And because they’re portable, you can take them anywhere you go, making them the perfect camping companion. So next time you’re looking for a tent, make sure to check out this Tentsile hanging tree tent – you won’t be disappointed!
- 3-PERSON TREE TENT: The Stingray 3-Person Tree Tent is our flagship model and the most popular Tree Tent we offer. It was featured in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and won multiple awards for its design and practicality. The Stingray is for anyone looking for the most magical, comfortable and unique camping experience. Designed for families and small groups and has enough space for 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children to sleep in absolute comfort.
- PORTABLE, DURABLE & COMFORTABLE: The Stingray uses a unique 3-point anchoring system to create tension, giving you a taut fabric base to sleep on. The tent floor has the perfect amount of give to cushion and cradle your body, giving you the most comfortable nights sleep youve ever had in a tent or hammock.
- DOORS ON ALL SIDES: The 5,000HH rainfly can be fully removed for fantastic views and summer breeze but when attached, completely encloses the tent and keeps you dry in even the heaviest downpours. The rainfly extends outwards from the tent giving you a large, dry area underneath the tent to store gear or act as covered living space.
- EASY SET UP: With only 3 ratchets and 2 poles, setting up the tent is straightforward and can be completed by a single person - though its always good to have a friend on hand to make things a little easier. The large central hatch makes it easy to climb in and out of the tent.
- PROTECTION: The Stingray comes with a built-in no-see-um insect mesh to protect you from insects and other creepy crawlies. The tent is built with 3 x internal storage nets, perfect for holding small personal items and 3 x underfloor storage nets ideal for backpacks and other ite
The Lightest Tent For Trees
Tentsile Hanging Tree Tents are the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors with a friend. The Flite is Tentsiles lightweight 2-person model, and with its built-in and removable rainfly, it’s perfect for hiking and backpacking adventures.
The Flite is Tentsiles lightest (8.4lbs / 3.8kg) two-person model, and like the UNA, it can be set up over any terrain. Its lightweight yet sturdy construction makes it the perfect 2-person adventure tent, and its large network of blades helps to deflect wind and water. In addition, the Flite’s large rainfly helps to slow down the flow of rainwater, giving the ground a chance to absorb the water before it runs off. As a result, the Flite is an essential piece of gear for any hiker or backpacker looking to enjoy the outdoors with a friend. Thanks, Tentsile!
- 2-PERSON TREE TENT: The Flite is Tentsiles lightweight 2-person Tree Tent. With its built-in and removable rainfly, this model is perfect for hiking and backpacking adventures with a friend. The Flite is our lightest (8.4lbs / 3.8kg) two-person model. Like the UNA, but for couples or hiking buddies. Its lightweight yet sturdy construction makes it the perfect 2-person adventure tent as it can be set up over any terrain.
- TENSIONED, ANTI-ROLL UNDERFLOOR STRAP SYSTEM: The sleeping bed consists of a double tensioned hammock with an adjustable dividing strap down the middle that turns the floor into one or two hammock berths for solo or dual camping. A unique cross-brace pole configuration offers extra headroom for those moments when you need to sit up or take off your shoes! The double layered tensioned floor also provides a place to slip an air mattress so you can stay toasty warm in any season.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, 70D NYLON-POLYESTER, DOUBLE LAYER FLOOR: The lightweight, 70D nylon-polyester, double layer floor is reinforced with webbing which not only adds strength to the tent, but creates a separate sleeping bay for each person and prevents you both from rolling to the middle of the tent; a must-have feature for camping with 2 people. The two layers allow an air mattress to be slips in between to stay warm.
- TWO DOORS FOR EASY ACCESSIBILITY: The 70D PU-coated 5000HH rainfly can be fully removed but when attached, completely encloses the tent and keeps everything else inside dry. The rainfly extends outwards from the tent giving you a large, dry area underneath the tent to store gear or act as covered living space. The tent comes with 3 internal storage nets, perfect for holding small personal items and a 2 larger underfloor storage nets ideal for your rucksack or backpack.
- DESIGNED FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE: It’s perfect for those same adventurers; backcountry explorers, thru-hikers, multi-day trekkers, who are heading out in a pair or couple, and want to balance the weight of their tent with getting a comfortable nights sleep. With room for two people, this model has a stripped back design to reduce as much weight as possible and meet the needs of lightweight hikers that might not be able to find flat, level ground on their adventur
This Heavy-duty Powerhouse Tree Tent
The Tentsile Hanging Tree Tent is a must-have for any friendly adventurer. This 2 person unit provides a double-bay sleeping area with numerous internal pockets and ample storage under the tent. The Safari Connect is Tentsile’s most robust two-person Tree Tent.
With 10 internal pockets and two huge under floor storage nets, this unit is perfect for semi-permanent camps and backyard setups. The durable materials found in the Safari Range are some of the toughest you will find on any tent in the world! The Tentsile Hanging Tree Tent is a great way to make sure you’re always prepared for anything.
- 2-PERSON TREE TENT: The Safari Connect is Tentsiles most robust two-person Tree Tent. With 10 internal pockets and two huge under floor storage nets, this unit is perfect for semi-permanent camps and backyard setups. The durable materials found in the Safari Range are some of the toughest you will find on any tent in the world! Built to last, this spacious 2 person unit provides a double-bay sleeping area with numerous internal pockets and ample storage under the tent.
- PATENTED, ADJUSTABLE & STABILITY: Our patented, adjustable, underfloor central strap can be calibrated for any amount of weight differential, preventing the occupants from rolling to the middle of the tent or each other. The Safari Connect utilises our unique 3-point anchor system to create tension which gives you a taut fabric base to sleep on, with the perfect amount of give to cushion and cradle your body and give you the most comfortable nights sleep youve ever had in a tent or hammock.
- ULTRA-COMFY, PORTABLE & UV-RESISTANT: Designed with the same space and storage capacity as our popular Connect tree tent but made from the highest quality, toughest, UV-resistant 3,500 hours material available. Perfect for ultra-comfy car camping, weekend trips, and single-location basecamps in harsher environments where UV degradation it’s an impactful factor.
- WITHSTAND EXTREME CLIMATES: The Safari Connect is perfect for semi-permanent camps or backyard setups. These tents are made to withstand extreme climates and a high volume of occupant turnover and use. There is nothing you can throw at this material that it cannot handle. The tent is built with a seatbelt webbing reinforced floor which not only adds strength to the tent but also creates a separate sleeping bay for each person.
- GREAT OPTION FOR FIRST-TIME TREE CAMPER: The most robust and enduring 2-person tree tent in the world. The Safari Connect is the most hardcore couples camping tree tent on the market today and is a great option for first-time tree campers. While its a 2-person tent, is very spacious and has a weight capacity of 880lbs/400kg, so is also suitable for 2 adults and a small child. Comes with a built-in no-see-um insect mesh to protect you from insects and other creepy crawli
Hanging Tree Tents For Fun And Profit
Tentsile Tents are the way to go when you are looking for an elevated camping experience. Tentsile Tents are tree tents that are easy to set up and provide a wonderful way to spend time in nature. The Connect 3.0 is Tentsile’s newest model of their 2-person tree tent.
The Connect 3.0 provides a double-bay sleeping area with internal pockets and storage under the tent. You and your partner will love camping in the Connect 3.0 because it is so comfortable and spacious. With Tentsile Tents, you can enjoy the great outdoors like never before.
- 2-PERSON TREE TENT: The Connect 3.0 is the latest version of Tentsiles best-loved and most versatile 2-person Tree Tent model. Built to last, this spacious 2 person unit provides a double-bay sleeping area with numerous internal pockets and ample storage under the tent. With its cloud-like comfort, you and your partner will experience the great outdoors like never before.
- PATENTED, ADJUSTABLE & STABILITY: The Connect is built with a seatbelt webbing reinforced floor which not only adds strength to the tent, but also creates separate sleeping bays for each person. The patented, adjustable, central underfloor strap prevents occupants from rolling into the middle of the tent or towards the heaviest person in the tent. Our 3-point ratcheted anchoring system creates a tensioned fabric base to sleep on.
- PERFECT FOR YOUNG FAMILIES: The Connect is the ultimate 2-person camping experience and is simple to set-up making it a great option for first-time tree campers. This 4 season tree tent is very roomy and has a 880lbs/400kg weight capacity, perfect for young families (2 adults and a small child) to stay in.
- PORTABLE, DURABLE & COMFORTABLE: Perfect for ultra-comfy car camping, weekend trips, and single-location basecamps, the Connect packs down into a single bag, so much like the Stingray it’s an amazing option when you don’t need the lightest weight but do want the comfiest night camping. Fully portable, yet durable, with ample headroom, the Connect gives you a comfortable night under the stars and protection from the elements.
- INSECT PROTECTION: The Connect comes with a built-in no-see-um insect mesh to protect you from insects and other creepy crawlies, but has 4 huge doors that can be rolled back to allow a fully open hammock experience. It’s a great option for canoe trips as it can be set up over any terrain & in dry weather you can remove the rainfly, sleeping with just the insect mesh and allowing you to experience a night under the stars and with the cover on, full protection from the elements in all seaso
People Also Ask These Questions About Tentsile Tree Tents
You’re out camping and you want to get a good night’s sleep, but you’re not sure if sleeping in a tree is the right thing to do.
It can be tough to know if sleeping in a tree is the right thing for you. After all, you don’t want to end up like those people on TV who always get hurt while camping.
With Hanging Tree Tents, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll be able to sleep soundly in the safety of a tree. Tentsile (not Tensile) tree tents are made with high-quality materials and construction, so you can trust that they will keep you safe and comfortable through the night.
Do the trees have to be in a perfect triangle?
No, the trees do not have to be in a perfect triangle. Tentsile can find a space inside any acute-angled triangle (all angles are less than 90 degrees), and will adjust the height of each tree depending on their spacing. We recommend that the trees be at least 10 feet apart in order to create a sturdy structure. For more information, please visit and use this guide.
Can I put my tent up really high and how do we do it?
Yes, you can put your Tentsile up really high. The height at which you feel safe falling from is a personal preference and something you will need to experiment with. As a general rule of thumb, your Tentsile should be set up as high as possible while still providing a secure connection between the anchor points.
Will everyone just roll into the middle of the tent?
No, the anti-roll straps create separate sleeping bays, so everyone has their own. This way you can roll around all you want and not disturb your tent mates. Genius, right?
Tentsile Hanging Tree Tents
While it’s not necessary to sleep in a tree, it is an extremely fun activity that I would recommend to anyone looking for something new and exciting to try. If you’re interested in giving it a go, be sure to check prices and inventory levels and get your tree tent before heading out.
And most importantly, have fun!