When planning what to wear camping, there are a few essentials you’ll want to make sure to pack. From clothes that will keep you warm at night to shoes that can handle any terrain, here are 10 items you won’t want to leave home without.
What To Wear Camping
- A Good Pair of hiking boots – You’ll want a good pair of hiking boots to protect your feet from the elements and keep you comfortable while exploring. Make sure to break them in before your trip so they’re not giving you blisters by the end of the day.
- Socks – Bring along a few extra pairs of socks. They’ll come in handy if your feet get wet or if you just need an extra layer to keep warm.
- Jeans – A good pair of jeans will last you a long time and can be dressed up or down as needed. They’re also great for keeping warm at night.
- A sweatshirt – A comfy sweatshirt is perfect for lounging around the campsite or for keeping warm after sunset.
- A raincoat – No matter what time of year you’re camping, there’s always a chance of rain. Be prepared with a raincoat that can keep you dry when the weather takes a turn for the worse.
- Hat and sunglasses – Don’t forget a hat and sunglasses to protect you from the sun during daytime hikes.
- Sunscreen – Speaking of the sun, don’t forget the sunscreen! No one wants to come home from vacation with a painful sunburn.
- Insect repellent – Insect repellent is essential for keeping bugs away so they don’t ruin your time outdoors.
- First aid kit – You never know when you might need a bandage or some antiseptic cream, so it’s always better to be safe than sorry by packing a first aid kit.
- Bear horn – If you’re camping in an area where there might be bears, it’s always good to have a bear horn on hand as a way to scare them off if they come too close to your campsite. Here are some more pointers for camping with bears.
These are just a few items that should be on your list of what to wear camping. With these 10 essentials, you’ll be prepared for anything nature throws your way so you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy your time in the great outdoors! We also have an Ulitmate Camping Checklist you can check out.